Wednesday, March 25, 2009

reflections on buying mascara

On Sunday I made a goal of blogging everyday this week. I rarely blog at all anymore and I thought committing to doing it everyday might help me to get back into it.

Obivously that didn't happen as I didn't blog yesterday. Instead I went out for drinks after work, came home and watched Corrie and Jeopardy in Central Time, and then went to bed around 9:30 with a headache. Aside from the headache, a lovely night.

Today after work I went to Shoppers to pick up a few things. And while in the make-up aisle, I decided to buy a new mascara (you are technically supposed to replace mascara every 3-6 months for reasons of hygiene and so I thought mine might be in need of replacing).

While in the make-up aisle I saw a great mascara by DuWop; however, this mascara was $27. Now I am all for spending money on things when you have money, but right now, I don't feel as though I could justify spending $27 on mascara. So instead, I went with this option from Covergirl.

Covergirl has a new product which is tailored to your eye colour. I got the mascara for hazel eyes (despite the fact that I think I might have green eyes, I never can tell). So I don't know if it will make a difference, but I thought it was a fun gimmick. And this mascara was only $9.99. Much more reasonably priced in my opinion. Not as cheap as some, but pretty good.

And now I can spend the next 3-6 months saving up for the $27 DupWop mascara. Talk about priorities.

2 comments:

  1. Let me know how you like it...I need new mascara and am thinking about trying something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just followed the link for that duwop mascara. i have to say, i don't think i want something with "venom" in the name anywhere near my eyes...

    ReplyDelete