Sunday, March 22, 2009

what a lovely way to spend a Saturday night

For Christmas Devin got me concert tickets (because he is a wonderful boyfriend) and last night was the concert. Whose concert you might ask? Only the greatest band ever, yes, that's right, Great Big Sea.

Now this is not the first Great Big Sea concert I have been to. The first time I was in 11th grade (I think) and I went with my friend Alex. We sat behind a pillar. It was an obstructed view. The tickets were a very last minute purchase.

Since then I have been to 2 more Toronto concerts, 1 in Kingston, 1 in Victoria, and that memorable time 5 of us drove to Cleavland for a night to go to a Great Big Sea concert (incidentally, it was the first time they had sold out in Cleavland). I have seen them inside and outside, in concert halls and clubs. And every time has been wonderful. It is just impossible not to be happy in the middle of a GBS concert, with hundreds/thousands of people happy and excited and singing.

And even though my wonderful boyfriend is not, himself, a fan, he was a very good sport and completely facilitated my enjoyment. And after it was all over (much too soon) we had a lovely walk home through downtown Ottawa. All and all, a perfect evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment