Tuesday, January 27, 2009

the reality of grown-up life

On Sunday night I got ready for the week ahead by polishing my shoes.

First, I made some homemade salt-stain remover and treated my shoes (my boots that I wear outside and my work heels that I wore from my office to a taxi and back, and that still managed to get salt stains on them!) Then, with help from Devin, I polished them.

Now obviously I have polished shoes before, but with two pairs of my shoes, and a pair of Devin's shoes, we had a bit of an assembly line going on. And something about it made me feel very grown-up, cleaning and polishing three pairs of shoes, and not for any reason or special occasion, but just because adults don't wear salt stained or dull shoes.

I promise you that I am not always this boring. Often, but not always.

No comments:

Post a Comment